Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

I had my class write down things they were thankful for. And in typical fifth grade fashion, they wrote gaming systems, skateboards, basketballs and cool clothes. All things that other kids in third world countries don't even have. Now in their defense they also said their teacher, friends and family. But it got me thinking, am I so blind that i don't even realize what I have, really, beyond the material. For reasons that I can't even pretend to comprehend, God has picked this time and place for me to live.
Do you know that there is still modern day slavery??
Check out International Justice Mission online.
Do you know that 1 out of 6 people in the world will die from unclean drinking water while we through away a 1/2 filled bottle of water?
This thanksgiving I am going to be thankful for thinks I didn't buy, relationships I wouldn't trade and blessings I didn't earn.

Philippinas 1:3-6
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

A Rose said...

Thnks for posting about us!

Alyson T. International Justice Mission

SarahRachel said...

It's hard to put in perspective how blessed we truly are because we're practically numb to what an amazingly advantaged country we live in. Good post. Also, love the name of your blog.