Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's Christmas Time In the City



97.1, 91.9, and 98.7
These are the three radio stations I listen to between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They have all the classics, Bruce Springsteen's Santa Clause is Coming to Town and O Holy Night just to mention a few.
The songs that cause me to change the chanel are anything by Manheim Steamroller, It's Christmas Eve in Washington and Last Christmas by Wham.
And even though I love Christmas music, it's tradition that we don't listen to it before thanksgiving It is also tradition that we don't decorate until after Katey's birhtday, which is the first week of Dec. We also go to the Leesburg Church of the Nazerene to see the live Nativity. They have real camels, and even though each year it seems a little cheesier, the kids insists we go out of tradition.

What traditions does your family have?
Which ones do you want to instill?
Consider this book, written by a friend of mine, for next year. Preparing My Heart for Advent: A Spiritual Pilgrimage for the Christmas Season by Ann Marie Stewart (Author)
You can buy it on Amazon

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

I bet Christmas is a wonderful time in the Erickson household. My husband and I were talking about how excited we are to see Christmas through the eyes of a young child again now that we have one. It's so much more magical! =)