Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year; New Beginnings part 1



I love New Years Eve and the days that follow. I love buying a new calendar, I love getting a new journal. I love making resolutions, I love it all. I feel like it is a time to start fresh. It motivates me to take stock in my life and it spurs me on to make goals.

Physical Resolutions: I want to lose weight. Now i know that most people make this resolution and don't keep it past the end of January. Obviously my goal is to do better than that. Let's take last year for example; I lost 10 pounds in January, then gained it back throughout the year. That wasn't my goal but it's better than gaining a new 10!! This year i want to continue walking 3 days a week, add some light weight training, walk in the Avon Breast Cancer walk in May (more about later) and compete in a second sprint triathlon. There are a bunch of us from Destiny church doing quite a lot of these events. The only problem is that many of the races are on Sundays and that is our Sabbath day. Let me know, or google "try it triathlons" for more information.

Here is one way to Start the New Year right--with a run! Join in on Tuesday, January 1, 2008, in Leesburg, Virginia, for the Eleventh Annual Rotary Resolution Race! The George C. Marshall 10K will take participants through the rolling hills of the Morven Park Estate. The John R. Diedrich 4K Fun Run/Walk will take participants to the Morven Park mansion. This is the only day of the year that Morven Park is open to runners. Come demonstrate your commitment to your New Year's Resolution to exercise! Make it a family tradition!

Location & Time: Participants should gather at the Ida Lee Park Recreation Center, located just north of downtown Leesburg, off of Route 15. The 4K Run/Walk begins promptly at 10:25 am and the 10K will start at 10:40 am.
For additional information, call the race director, Chuck Maloney, at (703) 779-1912.

No comments: