Saturday, February 2, 2008

Book Review


I just finished reading My Grandfather's Son. You can read all about the book on line and read all about its political implications, but that is not why I read it. I read it out of interest in Justice Thomas' life. And it served me well. It was a great picture of overcoming hardship. It gave me an enlightened view on race relations. It granted me insight to why he is conservative.
It contained great quotes and life lessons. Throughout the book he told who was a man of their word and who was not.
I want to be a woman of my word. Anita Hill tried to ruin his life. And if you believe his side of the story, none of what she said was true. May I never do to someone's life what she did to his. It was a coincidence that i read it at the start of black history month, but it did more to affect my views on black history than any book I have read thus far. Whatever your reason for deciding to check it out, let me tell you I highly recommend it.

No comments: