Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thirsty Anyone? I've heard this before, I believe it is true.... some "food" for thought



Bottled Water in your car is Very dangerous!
On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said this is what caused her B
Cancer.
It has been identified as the most common cause
Of the high levels of dioxin in B cancer tissue.
Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her:
Women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the
Bottle which releases dioxin into the water.
Dioxin is
a toxin increasingly found in B-cancer tissue.
Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

Also
No plastic containers in microwave.
No water bottles in freezer
No plastic wrap in microwave.
A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
Don't freeze your
Plastic
Bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently,
Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital ,
Was on a TV program to explain this health hazard..
He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using
Plastic containers... This especially applies to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat,=2 0and plastic releases
Dioxin
Into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body...
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic
Containers for heating food.. You get the same results, only without the
Dioxin.
So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc.
Should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper.
It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food
Restaurants moved away from the foam containers to
Paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons...
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap,
Is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.
As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually
Melt
Out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.
Cover food with a paper towel instead.

3 comments:

I think I'm blonde said...

seriously--I'm going to die. why do they even make plastic?
umm frozen water bottles is how we survive at Disney--or now how I give my kids cancer. ugh
Thanks for the food for thought Mo.
hugs, mandy

Ariana said...

plastic bottles left in the car (or actually, anywhere over a period of time) also gather a lot of bacteria. so it's just bad all together.

transplantingme.com said...

we only drink bottled water. we'll have to be more careful. i wonder about the plastic bottles that we get our water for the house in? they are a thicker plastic... guess i'll have to google.

thanks for posting this.